Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Naming island

Can someone please tell what is wrong with naming your island farm any of the following names - Tropicana, Tropics & Tropical.  Every time I tried those names I had a message saying that the name was invalid.  I don't see anything wrong with those names.

Can someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks.  :)

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 10.04.2016
    @Ozzie (AU1) 

Yep - so sorry to tell you, but the word 'pic' is in it - and in some languages this word won't make it through the word filter ...

I wanted to name my island 'Isla Cacahuetes' this time - but the word 'caca' is in it, and well, in Latin-American languages the word filter won't allow this.
  • @Ozzie (AU1)  Nothing obvious jumps out, I did find this definition for Tropi but I have never heard of it & the definition is hardly shocking, so no idea if thats the reason. Only way to know would be to reduce the name one letter at a time to see when it gets accepted, but then you end up with an island with a funky name lol
  • Maybe it's already taken (not sure if it matters?) or they don't like special character like &
  • Brave Ana (GB1)Brave Ana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 254
    I remember that is mentioned there maximum 12 characters.
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    I'm on the AU1 server and as it is an English speaking server (well the server doesn't speak but you get my drift) :) there shouldn't be any problems.  If in other languages any part of the names are not acceptable then it should be on those servers. 

It makes it hard to choose names as there are many languages in the world &, I would presume, a lot of words would not be acceptable.  

I can't see farms on the US server, the English server, the NL1 server etc. so why the problem?  I'm not going to start a farm on each of the servers so I wouldn't be offended by names on those servers. 

It just seems strange that English words on one of the English speaking servers the filter has a problem.

Thank you to Jiesta, RunsWivScissors & GardenFairy for your replies.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    I run into problems when naming horses and still am baffled why some words get rejected.
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    If 'pic' is not allowed how come you can make Tropic Stars in the beach bar?  If GGS can name something with 'pic' in it then we should be able too.  :)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 12.04.2016
    We all do @shazamd (US1). Although this is an English spoken forum, it is the forum for many non English people too - and the word filter also works for non-acceptable words in their languages, which is quite logical imho.

Many, many players on the Dutch server have tried the name Tropicana or something similar and it never came through the filter (BTW 'pic' is a 'dirty' word in German and Dutch).

Sometimes one doesn't understand why, because one can't find a "non-acceptable" word hidden in there - but I do speak 6 languages and I can assure you: there always is one there!

Many have complained because of this word filter.... maybe not so much with regards to 'names' because that can't be that important, but more because of a word being non-acceptable in 1 language proofs to be quite essential in another language but can't be used, which is frustrating.
    I remember there is a whole thread about words being/not being accepted - and there is quite a list of words delivered by almost every nationality, but up until now GGS did not do anything with it imo.

(in the meantime us oldies just learned to work around that annoying word filter 
     ;)
    Post edited by Jiesta (NL1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file